Plastering Your Artwork
Instant Access To The Class
The class will explore the different ways to use plaster in setting up your paintings background. We will examine the difference between a rich, heavy texture with large cracks vs a smoother plaster with tiny cracks and look at when we might want to use them. We will create a cracked, aged surface to paint on, adding your favorite photo to the painting, finishing and sealing and of course that tricky part of bringing it all together.
I will gently guide you every step of the way, sharing tips and techniques to help you on your painting journey.
This class will include four main sections, each containing multiple videos of instruction that have been broken broken down into manageable chunks. The videos will be supported with written content and are downloadable.
What Will You Learn In This Class....Project One
- ***A finished 8x10" plaster painting. We will create our substrate, learn how to create the crackled background and highlight the texture.
- ***Create our background and finish off our edges.
- ***Apply our photocopy and highlight the image.
- ***Seal and protect our finished painting.
Please know that you do not need all the supplies that I have listed below. I encourage you to choose your own colours and adapt the class to what you have. Many students enjoy watching the videos first before making their supply choices.
Plaster Of Paris (small container)– Michaels, Home Improvement Store (Home Depot, Lowes)
- Bottle of Water
- 3-3oz. cups
- 2- plastic spoons
- 1-8oz cup
- Burlap...1/2 yard Burlap – Fabric Store (comes in different colors – cream, beige, natural--)
- pair of scissor
- Windex or comparable brand of window cleaner.(optional)
- board or flat canvas covered in wax paper/tape
- 8' x10" stretched canvas
- Roll of paper towels
- 4" & 1 1/2" flexible putty knife
- green scouring pad (2)
- container of water (mixing Plaster)
- Variety of Flat brushes, #12, #10, #6,
- container of water for cleaning your brushes and green scouring pad
- Acrylic Paint colors....Any type of paint will work for this project: Craft Paint, Student Acrylic paint. I used a dark Brown, Black, White, Green and soft Blue for my painting.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course is an instant access course! When you sign up, you will be provided with access to all content immediately. You can work through the content at your own pace.
How long do I have access to the course?
The course comes with lifetime access. After enrolling, you will have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like. You may keep and download all content.
What level is the course suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in mixed media art, from complete beginners to more experienced artists.
Do I need all the supplies listed for this class?
No, there are many supplies that can be substituted for others and I encourage you to adapt the class to suit your needs.
Do I need high speed internet for the course?
Yes, you will need a good internet connection to view and/or download the video content for this course.
What is the refund policy?
Once you are enrolled in the course I am unable to offer a refund. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions about the course prior to signing up.